07 October 2010

Sissy Mission 2

By Cheryl Alison

I entered the dancewear shop, nervous, and a little hesitant. There were
several women browsing the racks of leotards and dance dresses, presumably
shopping for their little girls. I walked up to the counter.

The saleswoman, whose name tag identified her as Rachel, was very fit and in
her mid thirties. She had her straight dark hair pulled back. "May I help
you," she said.

"Ah, yes. I need to buy a tutu."

"Is your daughter with a specific dance company? I have the list to tell me
which one she needs," she explained.

"Well, you see, the tutu isn't for my daughter. It's for me."

Her jaw dropped just a little bit. "Well, I don't understand," she said,
"what are you looking for? Are you in a comedy production?"

"No, I just like to wear tutus," I said.

She took a breath, and then said, "Well, do you want a romantic or a
classical tutu?"

"I don't know," I said, "What's the difference?"

"The romantic is like the long skirts worn in Giselle. The classical is the
straighter, shorter style worn by ballerinas in productions like Swan Lake."

"Like the ones in Swan Lake, I guess," I said.

"Okay," she said, "I have one or two in stock that may fit you. They are
size adult large." She brought out the tutus, one pink and one white. "Do
you have a preference in color?"

"Which one do you think will match my tights?" I asked her, pulling up my
pant leg to reveal the shiny pink Capezio tights I was wearing.

Raising an eyebrow, she said, "Pink it is." In a very business-like manner,
she took the pink tutu off the hanger and brought it over to the counter to
ring it up.

"How do I know it's going to fit?" I asked.

"Believe me, I think this one will fit you."

"I don't know... the leotard part looks like it might be a bit small."

"It will stretch," she said.

"I don't know, I think I should try it on," I said.

Severely raising an eyebrow and frowning, she said, "Fine, take this and go
in the dressing room back here. Please don't damage the garment."

I took the tutu and went into the dressing room. I slid off my shirt and
pants to reveal my shiny pink tights. I slid the leotard part of the tutu
over my body. She was right-it fit. The stiff tulle tutu just about filled
up the small space of the dressing room. The velvet of the leotard tickled
my skin.

I walked out of the dressing room, in pink tutu and tights. One of the
women shopping took notice, and nudged another one. Rachel looked up from
the counter, frowning.

"You were right, it fits fine," I told her. "Do I look pretty?"

She just shook her head. The other women in the store laughed.

"I think I'll wear it out of the store," I said, moving back to the dressing
room to get my other clothes and wallet. By now, I had the whole store for
an audience.

Once I had paid for the tutu, I left the dancewear store and walked out onto
the sidewalk. I saw several people pointing and snickering as I made my way
to the car in the parking lot.

"Well, how did it go? Did you show her your tights?" she asked. Mistress
always wants to know how it went!

Sissy Mission accomplished... almost.

Mistress was in a good mood today. "Next stop, IHOP. They should have
their lunch buffet about now..."

1 comment:

  1. This one is the best so far? Need more details added? Ginger Z.

    ReplyDelete