23 April 2011

Partymix

By: Bea

The two women were obviously impatient by the time I arrived.
"You're late!"  Andrea snapped.
I tried to play it cool, but the woman does intimidate me, so my words
came out weak and lame rather than the uncaring tone I was trying for.
"Only a couple of minutes Andrea - and you did get me on short notice, you
know."
She scowled at me.  "You promised to be here at one."  She looked at her
watch.  "Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's now almost five after - and
we've got a lot to do today - can you help us?"

"Well.. I still don't know what you want me to..."  I started.
"Oh!  For goodness sake!"  She snarled.

As I said, she intimidated me.  Her companion, Sandra, didn't exactly
inspire me with any amount of self confidence either, but Andrea often
came close to terrifying me.  She just seemed so imposing.  It isn't that
she is that big, or heavy.  She was born into money, and has been used
to having that type of clout all of her life.  To further her power, she
is a feminist - that is, Sandra's her significant other, and neither of them
seems to give a damn about men.

Mary, my wife, has known them since high school.  I'd lost all of our
savings the year before in an unfortunate attempt at my own business in
New York.  Once we went down the tubes financially, Andrea offered Mary a
good paying job that necessitated us moving back to the small town where
she'd grown up.  It was too good a deal for us to turn down.  I'd thought
I'd have some chance of getting a job, but everything had seemed totally
closed.  I don't think that I'm overly paranoiac, but it had crossed my
mind that there was a 'contract' out on anyone that hired me.

In fact, Andrea was the only one who had shown the slightest degree of
interest.  I'd met her a couple of times through a ladies social group
that Mary belonged to.  As I said earlier, she intimidated me anyway.
When you add the fact that she was the single party in the town that
showed interest in hiring me - that just added to the pressure.  To make
things even worse, she'd asked me for my resume, and hadn't even blinked
at the vastly inflated salary requirements I'd listed.  She wasn't overly
open about telling me about the job itself, just vague hints that it
required a diversified outlook - but the all important statement
"matching your money won't pose any problems"  was enough to make sure
that I didn't want to offend this lady in any way, shape, or form.

She was still staring at me angrily, waiting for my 'proper' response -
which wasn't long in coming.
"Of course I'll help"  I said eagerly.  "Please don't think I meant..."
"Oh, O.K."  She said shortly, but was obviously mollified.
"What can I do to help?"  I asked eagerly.

She looked at Sandra, then back to me.  "I'm thinking of offering you a
job, right?" She said.
I flashed a smile.  "I sure hope so!"  I answered brightly.
"But I keep hearing things about you."  she grumbled. "Things I'm not sure
 I could tolerate from an employee."
I wasn't sure what she was talking about.  Worried, I shook my head "What
kind of things, Andrea?"
"Seemingly, you're always spouting about male 'superiority'  or women's
'inferiority'.  Do you really believe in that bullshit?"

Fervently, I shook my head.  "Oh. Like most guys, I might have come away
with a little male chauvinism to spice up a conversation, but that's all
that that kind of comment would ever be."
She stared at me  "Sure?"
"Absolutely!" I lied, eyes wide open.
"You think women are as good as men?"  Was her next question.
I wasn't about to fall for that one.  "Sometimes better!"  I said.

She relaxed, and gave Sandra that side glance I'd seen earlier.  "You're
telling me that you really have no problems associated with one's gender?"
I pretended to think it over, nodded my head again  "None I can think of,
offhand"  I replied.
"Good"  she said thoughtfully.  "Something came up today.  It sounds
crazy, but you can help Sandra out of a jam.."
"Glad to!  Glad to!"  I enthused.
She nodded slightly.  "Yeah.  And answer a couple of questions I've had
about your mental processes at the same time."

I didn't know what the hell she was talking about.  For once, I had enough
sense to shut up.
"It's Mary's birthday next week, right?"
"Yes. It is"  I  replied cautiously.
"Well, on our club nights, we give the birthday girls for that month
presents.. A little celebration.. You know?"
I nodded.  Still lost.

"Well.  Mary's been gone for a while and, from what I understand, things
haven't been going too well for you guys ... financially.."
I hung my head.
"...and we wanted to give her a very special night tonight.  One that
she'll remember for a long, long, time."

"That's really nice of you..."  I started.
"But Sandra's in trouble."  She interrupted me.
"How?"  I asked.

"Well, she's been making this super dress for Mary, using Cynthia as a
model.  Cynthia just got word this morning.  Her mom's real sick in
Dallas, and she took the first flight out of here.  Sandra thinks that the
dress is right, but she's never had the chance to have a final fitting -
and she doesn't want to give Mary a dress that will require any fixin' -
wants it to be right first time."

"But I don't know anything about Mary's sizes, or anything like that"   I
said helplessly.
"That's not what I had in mind"  Sandra said, talking for the first time.
"Didn't I hear of you almost wearing one of her dresses for Halloween,
last year?"
I got uptight in a hurry.  "Well, she 'suggested' it when we were in a
bind that night.  I didn't, of course..."
"Why 'of course'?"  Andrea asked sharply.

I was shaken by her question, but Sandra saved me from having to answer.
"That's neither here nor there."  she said.  "The question is.  Could you
have worn her dress?"   She pressed.  "Well?  Could you have?"

I ruminated for a moment.  "Well.  We are almost exactly the same size.
She's always stealing my shirts, sweaters and all that.."
"So.  If she can wear your stuff - and suggested, even if only once, that
you could wear hers - it stands to reason that she'd have a good idea of
what size you are?"  Sandra pressed on.

I was seeing where the conversation was going.  "But surely, I'm not close
enough to her size to be a model for a ... dress?"  I asked desperately.

"True"  Sandra admitted, giving me some hope  "But you've got to be close
enough for a final look-see, and that's all I need." - effectively closing the
door on the argument I was trying to get structured.

"But... I couldn't..." I protested weakly.
"Putting on a dress beneath you?"  Andrea snarled.
I took a deep breath, but before I was able to speak, Sandra stepped in
again.
"It's not like I want you to put on any kind of lingerie, or anything like
that - you can even wear your jockey shorts- or whatever it is you wear -
I just want to try it for length.. And a few other things.  It'll take ..
oh.. ten minutes, tops."
"Isn't there some other lady ..?"  I started.
"Too late in the game now"  Andrea said shortly.  "Look.  You gonna help
Sandra or not?  Make your mind up!  Hurry up!"
I nodded.

Promptly, Sandra took hold of my elbow, and guided me through to a large
bedroom.  "O.K." She whispered  "Thought you two were never gonna finish.
Strip down to your shorts, and I'll bring your dress in."
She left, but was back before I'd even got my pants off.
"Hurry up, slowpoke.  Honest to goodness!  You men!  Ask you to do some
thing a little different..."
She leaned in, and whispered in my ear  "Andrea pays a lot of mind to an
employees 'flexibility'.  You want to work for her?  You're off to a good
start.  Show her you're not one of these macho cowboys .. Can't do you no
harm."

Embarrassed, but heartened, I stepped out of my pants and, still with my
boxer shorts and socks on, stepped into the opened skirt of the dress that
Sandra was holding out in front of me.

I hadn't been paying too much attention to what I was stepping into but,
as Sandra pulled the dress up around me, gently pushing my arms into the
sleeves, pulling the bodice around my waist, and starting to fasten me in
to it at the back, I realized what I had been talked into.

It was a black, full length, dress with large white polka dots.  There
seemed to be a basic sheath underneath a series of full-skirted chiffon
layers.  A broad white band of silk at the neckline was matched by full
cuffs at the end of long, full, chiffon sleeves.  Horrified, I watched my
reflection in the mirror becoming totally cocooned in this very feminine
garment, the long skirt of the dress flaring gracefully out from my hips, and
down almost to my ankles.

Andrea came strolling in, smiling now.  "Looks quite nice"  she said  "But
isn't there something wrong?"
Sandra grimaced, finishing the last fastener.  "Turn around"  she said to
me  "Let's see what this looks like at the front."
Meekly, I did so.  She put one hand to her chin, then shook her head.  "Turn
around again"  I did so, and with a positive relief, felt her start to unfasten
the back of the dress. This time, however, she only worked her way down to the
top of the skirt.  Then she came around to my front, unfastened the sleeve
cuffs, then pulled the bodice forward, off of my body.  I started to move
towards the bed where my clothes were lying.

She had gone to a drawer, and was looking for something, but saw me move
in the mirror.  "Where'd you think you're going?"  She asked.
"I thought you were finished.."  I started.
"In a minute.  In a minute"  she said, coming back to me with something in
her hands.  "Here.  Stick your arms out"
I did so - and found her putting a lacy bra on me!  I tried to jerk out of
it, but I was too slow.  She was now at my back, and again I was being
fastened into another article of girls clothing.

"But.. you said.."  I said helplessly, as she started stuffing the cups of
the bra with tissue.
"Yeah."  She said dis-interestedly  "I say a lot of things.  Here. Put this
camisole on"  and she handed me another piece of flimsy lingerie.
I was as helpless as a kitten.  Wordlessly, she took one of my hands and
slid it through the straps.  Then she bunched it together and pulled it
over my head.  This was followed by my other hand being pulled through the
straps, then the silken garment being pulled down to cover my midriff.
Seconds later, after my arms had been worked through the sleeves, something
soft and silky had been inserted in each bra cup, and I was being fastened
in to the dress again.

"Starting to look a lot better",  Andrea said, circling me.  She grinned
wolfishly.  "The dress looks pretty on you - like it?"
"Andrea..." I started nervously.
"Yes dear?"  She said mockingly.  To Sandra, she said  "You know, there's
still something not  quite..."
"Jesus! Andrea!"  Sandra said, now reaching up under my skirt and pulling
my shorts all the way down  "Would you give me a Goddam minute!"
She lifted one foot, pulled the sock off, then repeated the process with
the other foot with the exception that my shorts were totally removed with
this operation.

Horrified, I followed her instructions to step into a pair of panties,
then a bouffant petticoat.  A garter belt was put around my waist, and
fastened, within a minute or so - then used to anchor the sheer nylons
that I had to put on.  A red, patent leather belt was used to cinch my
waist, and a pair of medium height matching red shoes were provided.

"Are you nearly finished yet?"  I asked Sandra weakly.
"Almost, sweetie"  she smiled at me.  But I think Andrea wants to conduct
her job interview with you now..  You don't mind.  Do you?"
"But isn't this Mary's .. What about..?" I stammered.

"Don't you worry your pretty little head about anything sweetie"  she
said, patting me on the backside.  "Just run along like a good little
girl, and see what Andrea's got for you.  Hurry now.  Don't want to keep
her waiting, do we?"

And I returned to the living room, where Andrea had gone ahead and now
waited for me.
"You've really done very well"  she purred.  It's not many men would allow
themselves to get all gussied up in one of their wife's dresses to take a
job interview - just to show their 'sensibility'.  Don't you think that's
really nice Sandra?"
Sandra had come in behind me  "Yeah"  she said half-heartedly  "Real
sweet."
Andrea shrugged, and turned her attention back to me.  "Sit down for a
minute.. Here, in front of me."
Meekly, I obeyed, the skirt of the dress billowing around me as I did so.

"As I said"  she continued  "you've done very well.  I'm really
considering you for that job now..."
"Oh, thank you Andrea"  I murmured  "Thank you so much.  Is Sandra
finished with me now?"
She frowned.  "You in a hurry to get out of the dress?"

"I'm not really used to wearing a dress"  I said weakly.
"But it really is nice, don't you think?"  She pressed.  "Don't you like
the feel of all these smooth fabrics as they swish around your legs? Won't you
admit that maybe, just maybe, women know how to make themselves
feel good?.  Do something for me, would you?  Get up from the chair, and walk
over to the door and back.  Try and walk so that your skirt sways around you.
Try
and move your hips.  Go on.  I'll explain why I want you to do it in a minute."

And, hypnotized, I got up and swayed to the far end of the room, and
swayed back.
"You did that very well!"  She said coyly.  "Now tell me honestly.  Didn't
that feel nice.  Honestly now"
"Yes"  I admitted.
"Well, sit back"  she said  "and let's talk business."
I started to say something, but she held up her hand to silence me.
"Just listen"  she said.  "You can talk when I'm finished"
I nodded.
"Good!  Now, truthfully, when you came here today, you were being set-up
for something.  I really had no intention of hiring you for a job.  I
simply wanted to get you in a dress so that I'd be able to stop this macho
bullshit you've been spouting to Mary for once and for all.  Seeing you
like this though has given me an idea.  Are you interested?"

If I'd been intimidated before in my own clothes, it was nothing to what I
felt like in being interviewed in a long dress, lacy lingerie, nylons and
high heels.  Shyly, I nodded.

"O.K.  You've shown some capability in breaking out of your 'male' mold.
D'you think you could go a little further for a while?"
"How long?"  I stammered.
"Not very"  she retorted  "Does it matter?"
Without waiting for an answer she continued.  "I know that I'm kinda
domineering..."
"Nah, never!"  Sandra jeered.
Andrea smiled  "Oh shut up, you"  then turned to me.  "I want to see how
obedient you can be to someone who isn't as aggressive as me.  She'll be
here in a few minutes.  Still interested?"

Again, before I could speak, she went on  "Mind you, I'll be up-front with
you about wages.  I promise that you'll be well paid for what you do -
but you won't be getting anywhere near that ridiculous amount you asked
for in your resume."

I had been about to refuse her offer, but this sudden show of honesty
intrigued me.  "What have you got in mind for me to do?"
She stared at me.  "Nothing.  Nothing at all.  Not until I see how you do with
this lady that's coming. For the last time, are you interested?  Yes or no?"

"Yes"  I said.
She nodded and turned to Sandra. "Get him made up.  Lisa will be here in a
few minutes.  Then we'll see how he does with her."
"I've got a couple cute wigs?"  Sandra suggested.
"What color hair?"  Andrea asked.
"A sorta ash blonde, and a platinum - remember that halloween?"  Sandra
said.
Andrea grinned  "That platinum?  Yeah!  Try that."

And, some minutes later, I was back in the bedroom, ensconced in front of
the mirror, bright red false nails glued over mine, false eyelashes
attached in the same manner, blushed, eyeshadowed, mascara'd, and eyebrows
darkened.  As I became more and more of a woman in looks, Sandra demanded
more and more womanly behavior from me - to show increasing delight as my
appearance changed.  A wig of platinum hair was placed over my head, after
she forced my hair into a rather smooth nylon cap.  I found it hard to
look in the mirror.  She noticed this.

"Shy are we dearie?  You look a lot prettier now.  Why don't you have a
good look?"
"It's .. Hard.."  I said, lips trembling.
"What!  I've made you pretty, and you can't look?  Tell you what.  Why
don't you put on your lipstick like a good girl - all by yourself.  Then
we'll put a nice ribbon in your hair.."  As she spoke, she took the top
from a tube of lipstick, turning the base until the scarlet contents came
to a usable length, and handed it to me  "Here!"

Nervously, I peered at the young woman who was peering back at me from the
mirror, and started to apply the lipstick, the way I'd seen Mary do it
many times.
"Very good!"  I heard Sandra say beside me.  "Now, just keep on doing what
you're doing, but smile and turn towards me  .. C'mon!  A nice smile ..
That's good!"  She had a camera in her hand and in a flash, a photograph
of me, smilingly applying lipstick, wearing a pretty dress, under flowing
peroxide blonde hair, was taken. Then a few more in different poses - but
smiling all the time - finishing the lipstick application, dabbing perfume
behind my ears, studyingly adjusting the top of my nylon stocking, with
the dress and petticoat pulled up enough to show the suspender belt.

As I finished, a blonde girl came into the bedroom.  Her name was Lisa.  I
knew her slightly, had talked to her a couple of times at most.  Very
pleasant, very feminine.

"My goodness!"  She exclaimed, smiling, when she saw me  "If Andrea hadn't
warned me, I'd never have guessed."
She came over and inspected me closely  "Amazing!  You make quite a pretty
girl.  I understand that you're going to be working for me tonight?"

"Andrea mentioned something .. She just wasn't very specific.."  I
answered.
"Oh, it's nothing much.  It's just that some of us girls help decorate the
place for the party, help serve the food and drinks - you know, that kind
of thing?  Andrea said you were interested?"

I paused for a moment too long, and Sandra butted in  "Want me to shout
for Andrea?"  She asked me.
"Oh no!"  I said hurriedly  "No need for that.  Yes Lisa, I'm interested."
"Sure?"  She asked doubtfully   "I've never had a 'man' help before - even
though you look O.K. - Can you act like a girl?"
Sandra butted in again  "Andrea had him walking really nice, with no
training at all.  You take him in hand for an hour or so, I'll bet he'll -
or should I say - she'll, do well.

So this was what Andrea was going to check, I thought.  To see if I was
trainable by a sweet girl rather than a domineering force like her.
Lisa interrupted my train of thought by talking to Sandra.  "Why don't you
leave us for a little while Sandra - if you wouldn't mind, and I'll see if
there's anything I can work with."
She seemed to be taking it for granted now that I was accepting, and
started explaining what was going to be expected of me for the next six
hours or so, as Sandra left the room, grinning.

"You'll have to change.  We wear pretty, very feminine maid's uniforms,
caps, aprons, and so on.  We decorate the party room with balloons and
such, take the other girls coats and bags as they come in, then start by
serving drinks and hors d'oevres.  Oh!, I forgot, we also set the table
for dinner before the guests arrive, then serve up the meal at dinnertime.
Once that's done we join in the fun."
"I'm to be a maid?"  I asked, horrified.
"Of course!"  She answered.  "But a very special kind of maid."

"What about cleaning up?"  I asked.
"Oh that gets done by Andrea's regular servants tomorrow.  She always
gives them the night off when she's the hostess.
"That doesn't make much sense to me"  I commented.  "Why not use the
servants instead of you and the other girls?"

She blushed a little.  "Well.. Her servants are kind of old.. And not very
pretty.  It's usually the prettier girls in the club that act as the maids
on party night.. And it's lots of fun, you'll see."
"But I'm still to be a maid!"   I stated, rather than asked.
"Why, of course!"   She answered  "..And I wouldn't worry dear - I'm sure
you'll do just fine!"

I was just about to ask some more questions when two other girls came
bursting into the room, both extremely pretty, one blonde, the other a
brunette.  Lisa started to introduce them  "I'd like you to meet your
fellow maids for tonight. This blonde bombshell is Ann, and this is
Sylvia."
She turned to me  "And this is.. this is.. Margaret."  She looked at me
"That's a nice name .. and more appropriate, don't you think?"

What I thought didn't matter, because I never got a chance to express it.
The two girls were giggling a lot at the idea of me working with them, and
bursting to change into their 'working clothes'.  With a feeling of
helplessness, I watched as they undressed in front of me, letting Lisa
start to undo my own dress at the back.  In short order, the three of us
were standing in our lingerie.  Once she had helped me to step out of my
dress, Lisa disrobed as well, then went to the closet and pulled out four
satin dresses of bright, but different colors.  The one she handed me was
emerald green.

As I was wearing a frilled petticoat already, I had to put my dress on
over my head, instead of stepping in to it.  Again, like the polka dot, it
seemed to be a perfect fit.
"Sylvia!"  Lisa said  "Why don't you fasten Margaret into her dress, then
she can do yours?  I'll work with Ann."
"O.K."  Sylvia said coming over to me, and starting to work on what seemed
to be a lot of fasteners.  "These dresses are gorgeous!"  She gushed  "But
they're a pain in the ass to get in and out of.  It's next to impossible
to do it on your own."

I was gradually being imprisoned into my new, satin, cocoon - and a
thought struck me forcibly.
"Lisa?"  I asked.
"Yes?"
"How come this dress fits me so well?  Was it intended for Mary as well?"
"What do you mean?"  She asked  "It was made for you!   Didn't you know
that?"

"W.W. Well Andrea and Sandra said..."  I stammered
"Oh!"  She laughed  "Surely you know better than believe these rascals!"
"But how did they know...??" I started.

Sylvia answered the question for her.  "Well.  You're always going about
how men are so great.  Andrea thought you were probably a sissy
underneath, and we all got in a big argument one night.  She bet a wad of
money that she could get you to work as one of the maids tonight.  Looks
like she's won.  You cost me ten bucks you know"

"You mean.. You mean.. I'm dressed like this because of a bet!?"  I
whined.  "This isn't fair!  I'm not gonna do it!"
She finished the last fastener as I spoke, and laughed.
"Have you seen your own clothes recently?  And who do you think is gonna
piss Andrea off by helping you out of this?  I'll even bet that your car
is gonna be hard to find now.  Looks to me like you stay, have a good time
- 'cause you'll never convince me now that you don't like looking like
this - or you walk home wearing the dress for all your friends and
neighbors to see .. "

"But.. Mary .. Mary will die if she sees me like this"  I said.
"I wouldn't bet on that"  Sylvia said. "She missed the argument I think,
but she's made comments about you - nothing definite mind you, but I have
the feeling that she might not be too surprised."

"Margaret!"  Lisa snapped.  "Would you stop chattering?  These girls have
done this before.  You haven't.  Let's get your apron and cap on.  The
first thing you'll need to learn is how to curtsey.  Then we'll have to
work on how to walk like a maid..."
"But.. I can't.  I just can't"  I stammered  "please.  Not in front of all
these women..?"

She let out an audible sigh.  "Margaret"  she said patiently.  "I'm not
really an impatient person, but you're starting to test me.  Let me
explain.  If you argue with me much more .. Any more.. I'm going to put
you over my knee.."
"She will too."  Ann interceded  "She spanked me once.. And it hurts!"
Lisa smiled  "You do go on about that, Ann.."  And turned back to me
"..And if I spank you, you'll cry.  And if you cry, your makeup will have
to get re-done.  And that'll mean that I'm  spending time on you that I
really shouldn't..."  Her voice was getting higher, and she was advancing
towards me.

This girl, that I'd always thought of as sweetly feminine was threatening
me with a spanking - in front of two other girls!  Not only that, but I
was getting a picture of me, draped over her knees - and realized that if
I didn't do something quickly, that was where I was going to be in a
moment or two.  I surrendered quickly.  For once in my life, I did something
sensibly.  Taking the sides of the dress in my hands, I curtseyed (as well as I
could).
  "I'm sorry Lisa"  I admitted.

I could tell she was pleased, but she wasn't going to let me off that
lightly.  "No more naughty girl then, Margaret?"
"No Lisa"  I said.
"No what?"
"No more naughty girl"  I admitted.

And, for the next hour, in front of Sylvia's and Ann's mocking eyes, I
learned how to flounce prettily when I walked, how to do 'cute' little
'bob-curtseys', how to serve drinks - and how to behave if any of the more
masculine women made passes at me (extremely flattered, extremely
girlishly).  She had Sylvia stand in as one of the 'men', running her hand
up my skirt, snapping my bra , pulling me down to sit in her lap, then
kissing me!.

To tell the truth, I had been finding that the feel of the fabrics around
me, the soft touches of silk rubbing against my thighs, the tight
constraint of the bra around my chest, the hem of the petticoat against my
nylon clad calves were starting to arouse me.  Then the guests started to
arrive, and things got very busy.  Even then, I couldn't shake my mounting
level of sexual excitement, my legs sometimes shivering involuntarily, my
lips constantly dry, my hands shaking.

I had expected to be teased unmercifully but, to be quite honest, I was
the center of interest for only a few minutes.  Nobody seemed surprised
at seeing me in my dress, or even how well I was at acting in the 'maid's'
role.  Any surprise generated seemed to revolve around how pretty I was.

We served drinks but the party hadn't really warmed up by the time dinner
rolled around.  A few hands had slid up under my skirt, and my backside
had been patted a number of times - but I had only been kissed once.  I
couldn't fathom it though, why Mary hadn't shown up, until I overheard a
conversation that indicated that Andrea had found something for her to do
at work that would delay her.

Us maids didn't have time to sit down and eat, just grabbed what we could
while on the run.  Finally, we got dessert served, and retired to the
kitchen for a short break.  Sandra came walking in.  She spoke to Lisa
first.  "You really did a great job on him - or is it 'her' now?"  Then
she turned to me  "looked like you were having a good time out there.."
She flipped her wrist at me  "So.. So.. Feminine my deah!"

I blushed furiously and they all laughed.  Ann, the quiet one came over
and put a comforting arm around my waist.  "Never mind her"  she said
"She's just mad 'cause you're prettier than her"  and they all, including
Sandra, laughed again.
"Still.  Enough of this nonsense"  Sandra spoke again to Lisa.  "I need
him.. Her .. Now.  Can you do without?"
"Oh, I guess so"  Lisa said. "Take her if you want."  She smiled at me.
"Margaret.  You did very well.  If you ever want to come back .. Or Mary
will let you .. Just let me know."

I didn't know what was going on, especially when Sylvia and Ann both
kissed me farewell as Sandra led me off to a small side room.  "Be careful
in here"  Sandra warned me  "this stuff on the floor is very slippery."

And she was right.  There was a square piece of what looked like opaque
plastic on the floor, about fifteen feet square.  In the center of it, but
underneath, was another square object about two feet on each side ,that pushed
the level of the plastic up about eight inches.  Sandra skirted the edge of the
plastic, and I followed her.

"What is this stuff"  I asked, curious.  "I've seen it before somewhere."
"Oh.  Don't worry your pretty little head about it"  Sandra said shortly.
"Here.  Get out of your uniform, and back into this.."   'This' was the
dress I'd worn originally in the day.  Meekly, with her assistance, I did
as she told me.  Once I was fastened back in my original outfit, she had
me sit at a dressing table, and freshened up my makeup.  Very carefully
this time.  Then the black ribbon in my hair.  She nodded, satisfied.

"Now.  Carefully!  Go over and stand on that box in the center of the
floor.  Careful now!  Don't slip!"  She handed me a towel.  "Here. Put
this down on the box, and stand on it - won't be so slippery."  I didn't
know what was happening, but cautiously followed her instructions.  A few
seconds later, I was on top of the box. It seemed a little shaky, but
sound enough to hold my weight.  "Stay there."  She said.  "I'll be right
back."

True to her word, she returned in less than a minute with Lisa, Ann, and
Sylvia with her.  She was carrying what looked like a small, lightweight
arbor with her - you know, the type they use at Jewish weddings.
Carefully, she walked out to me.  Silently, she placed it on the little
square, then forced it down until I heard the 'click' of something
engaging.  I now stood in a small white arch.  She walked back to one of
the corners, then picked it up, and started walking towards me.  At the
same time, I noticed all the other girls doing the same.  Once they got
close to me, I realized what was going on - I was being gift-wrapped!

The paper was that opaque kind you often see flowers wrapped in.
Nervously, I watched.  "Will I be able to breathe?"  I asked, frightened.
"Of course!  Don't be so silly!"  Sandra admonished me.. "But hold on a
second.  "Ann.  You're the tallest.  Would you get the ladder and the big
ribbon?  Lisa.  You help me hold the corners.  Sylvia.  You go and get the
flowers for her.

I couldn't see for the paper, but there was a lot of movement for a moment
or two.  A bunch of flowers were suddenly pushed through the folds of
paper that surrounded me.  They were long stemmed roses, wrapped in the
same kind of paper that I was being enclosed in.  "Now cradle these in
your arms properly"  I heard Sandra say  "just like a bride.. Got it?"
"Yes Sandra"  I replied meekly.

Then, all of a sudden, the paper was gathered together and I could sense
the large ribbon being used to tie me into my new cocoon.  The smell of
the roses became nearly overpowering in the confined area. It didn't take
long, before I saw the vague shape of Ann descending the ladder.  "That'll
do it"  I heard her say.  "Wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be."

"Ok now Margaret"  I heard from Sandra again  "it's gonna get a little
shaky for a minute or two.  But just hang on to the sides of the arch,
you'll be ok."  And, before I could respond, I felt myself move!  Then it
dawned on me.  The square I was standing on was some kind of trolley, and
I was being wheeled back to the party!

It really didn't take but a minute or so.  When they opened the doors to
the main room, everything seemed quiet, then I realized that Andrea was
talking.  "...And, as I was saying, the true test of a manager is how well
you utilize your resources.  Now, all of us here know that you've had a
problem with a resource of yours.."  She paused for the roar of laughter
that greeted this  ".. So we've 'modified' it a little for you.."  Some
wolf whistles came from the audience.  "I can tell you're puzzled.  Well.
Just one thing more.  There's a few things attached to this package - if
you want to take them  - some necessary uniforms, a weekly salary for six
months.  An education allowance for classes in home economics, and
secretarial school - and naturally, a clothing allowance!"

Everybody cheered raucously.  Then I heard my wife respond.  "Andrea..
Friends.. This is wonderful!  I'm not going to pretend that I can't guess
what's in my package - someone near to me has disappeared for the last six
hours or so..."  And everyone laughed again.  She continued,  "I can't
believe how generous Andrea and Sandra have been to me - a job,
friendship, and now.. What might be the solution to a problem I've had for
a while.. Stand back in there"  I heard her say from close to my wrapping,
as a knife blade gradually slit an opening in the paper.

"Let's see you dear"  she said, opening up the paper so that could walk
through.  Then to my everlasting humiliation she started singing the old
Stevie Wonder song  "Isn't she lovely...  Dad dah da da da.  Pirouette for
the nice ladies ...  Isn't she lovely  dah dah da da da da ..  There's a
girl"  and swirling to her commands, I carried my flowers out into the
light.

Then, further mockery.  I was allowed to put my flowers down so that I
could dance with her - she leading of course.  "You silly thing!"  She
whispered in my ear  "How did you get in this fix?"
"Andrea.."  I started.   "Yeah"  she giggled  "Andrea's been after you for
a while. When did she start in on you?  Last week?"
"This afternoon"  I admitted.  She let out a small shriek of laughter.
"Today?  Boy.  You sure put up a fight, didn't you?  But you really do
look pretty you know.. "  Just then, Andrea danced up with Sandra.  She
whispered something in Mary's ear.  I felt Mary stiffen.  Then she added
something else, and Mary let out a little giggle.  Andrea danced off.

"Can we go home?"  I pleaded softly.  "I'd really like to get out of here,
and out of these clothes."
"Don't be silly"  she said, laughingly giving me a slight slap on the
rump.  "I just got here - and I want to have a good time.  Anyway, I like
you in these clothes.  You're nice and soft"  her hand caressed my thigh
"You smell nice  .. And I'll just bet that you'll be very very obedient."
She gave my arm a light nip  "Won't you?... What's your name now?"
"Margaret" I answered.

"How nice!  I've always liked that name"  she said.  "So.. Margaret.  D'you
think I should take Andrea's offer?"
"What offer?"  I said suspiciously.
She smiled, and pinched me again.  "Well.  I hear that they had you in a
little maid's uniform for a while?"
I nodded.
"Good!  Because they've not only given me that one for you, but another
two just like it.."
"Eh?" I asked
"Don't interrupt me when I'm talking to you!"  She said sharply.  "They've
given me three uniforms for you to wear.  On top of that, Andrea is giving
me a salary for you of three hundred dollars a week - and a clothes
allowance of two thousand dollars."

"She's giving me a job?"  I asked,  "but that's not very much.. "
"Margaret!"  She snapped, loud enough for other dancers close to us to hear
"You interrupt me one more time.."  She looked at me warningly.  I looked
away from her eyes.  "That's better!  Now. That salary is for you to be
my maid for six months - get you in the proper, feminine, frame of mind.
During that time, you'll go to classes so that you can become a good
housewife - or a good secretary.  At the end of that time, I'll decide
what I want you to be.  Understood?"
I nodded, seeing my new life stretching out in front of me.  I felt the
softness of the fabric and the fragrance surrounding me.  I felt the
strength in my wife's arms as she held me close.  I moved my lips to her
neck, and kissed her softly.
"Understood."  I whispered.

1 comment:

  1. That's a great, party mix for any event too happen, anytime? Dianne.

    ReplyDelete